My 2p about ERP Solutions, Information Worker Solutions and other software products (mainly Microsoft Dynamics AX and Microsoft SharePoint).

03 October 2008

View members of a SharePoint group

by Patrik Luca 5 comments

Tag



Problem description: You do not have permission to view the membership of the group.


When clicking on a SharePoint group you don't belong to, you get the message You do not have permission to view the membership of the group. As such, you cannot see the members of that SharePoint group.


Solution: Change property Who can view the membership of the group?


Go to the Group Setting of the SharePoint group and set the property Who can view the membership of the group? to Everyone.

Comments 5 comments
Anonymous said...

But if I don't have access to the group, how do I get to the group setting options?

Patrik Luca said...

You need enough permissions to change the group settings, else you won't be able to change anything off course.

Anonymous said...

I added a new site owner and he gets the same message. Please advise.

Sohan Shetty said...

How to do this same through c# code

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post.. it helped me.. it saved lot of my time...

Patrik Luca, Ieper, BELGIUM
Feel free to use or spread all of the content on my blog. In return, linking back to my blog would be greatly appreciated. All my posts and articles are provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

Subscribe feeds via e-mail
Subscribe in your preferred RSS reader

Subscribe feeds rss Most Read Entries

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Entries

Categories

Recommended Books


Subscribe feeds rss Recent Comments

This Blog is part of the U Comment I Follow movement in blogosphere. Means the comment field of this blog is made DOFOLLOW. Spam wont be tolerated.

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Followers

Links